Setting Yourself Up for Event Signage Success
You’ve planned an event, and the attendees are arriving soon. Creating a great experience for your guests requires more than just good food and entertainment—it also requires effective signage. But how do you know what type of signs to use? What do they need to say? And where should you place them? Here are 7 rules for setting yourself up for success with your event signage.
1. Choose Signs That Fit Your Event Theme: When it comes to choosing signs for your event, look for ones that fit in with the overall theme and aesthetic of the event. This could include using themed colors, font types, images, or even shapes that visually tie into the overall look and feel of the space.
2. Keep It Simple: As a general rule of thumb, your signage should be as simple as possible while still conveying all the necessary information. Long-winded messages can easily overwhelm guests and make it difficult to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily.
3. Include Directions: Guests will likely need help finding their way around your venue, so make sure you have plenty of directional signs throughout the space. These signs should clearly indicate which way people need to go in order to get to their destination (e.g., bathrooms, food stations, etc.).
4. Utilize Color Coding: Color coding is an easy way to help guide attendees from one area to another without having to rely on words alone. For example, if you’re hosting a multi-day conference with different tracks running at different times each day, consider using color coded signage so that it’s easier for guests to find their way around the venue without getting confused about which track they should be attending on any given day.
5. Make Sure The Font is Readable: It doesn’t matter how awesome your design looks if guests can’t read it! Make sure you choose a font size (and font style) that makes it easy for people to read your signs from a distance—especially if they’ll be placed in areas with low lighting or lots of ambient noise like music or conversations from other guests in attendance at your event.
6 . Be Clear About Rules & Regulations: If there are certain rules or regulations that attendees need to follow during the event (e..g no outside food allowed), then make sure you clearly indicate this on one or more signs throughout the venue so everyone is aware of these restrictions before entering the event space .
7 . Consider Magnetic Signage: If you’re going to be changing out directional signs often (like during trade shows), then using magnetic signage might be a good option since these types of signs can easily be moved around wherever needed without having to worry about making new ones every time there are changes in direction .
Effectively utilizing signage is an important part of ensuring your guest experience goes off without a hitch! By following these 7 rules when creating signage for events such as conferences and trade shows , you can ensure that everyone has access to all of the information they need about directions , rules & regulations , etc., while still keeping things visually appealing . With well-designed and strategically placed signs , you can guarantee your events run smoothly from start to finish !